Columbia’s control cables are normally used for remote control operation of electrical and electronic equipment. These generally consist of any number of conductors, ranging from two, to as many as twenty conductors.
The smaller gauges are normally utilized – most often 0.90 sq. mm through 8.0 sq. mm. These conductors are cabled together with fillers as required, taped when necessary and jacketed overall for mechanical protection.
1. CONDUCTORS – Class B Stranding bare copper (soft annealed)
2. INSULATION – Polyvinyl Chloride, PVC 75°C (color or number coded)
3. FILLER – Polyvinyl Chloride, PVC
4. SEPARATOR – Mylar tape or tissue paper
5. OUTER JACKET – Polyvinyl Chloride, PVC